Monday 30 December 2013

White Bean burgers





Serves 4
What do I need?
1 onion, chopped
1 clove of garlic, chopped
1 lemon, zested
1 tsp dried thyme
1/2 tsp salt
400 g butterbeans (also known as Lima Beans
A handful of fresh parsley, chopped
1 egg (I used 50 g flaxseed slime, to make it vegan)
100 g breadcrumbs


How do I do?
Heat a pan with a splash of oil and fry the onion and garlic in it for about 3 minutes. Stir in the thyme, lemon zest and salt and pour it in a blender. Add the beans, parsley, egg and breadcrumbs and blitz for a moment. I like it with a few lumps, but that's up to you, how smooth you want it. Shape it into patties and fry them in a bit of oil until they're hot all the way through.

TIP: If you want a golden crust, you can sprinkle the patties with a bit of flour before frying them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!