Tuesday 3 December 2013

Overnight oats




During my internship I need an easy breakfast, that I can divide into two and eat before I leave home and just before my day starts. I'm in this unlucky situation, that it takes almost 2 hours of public transportation, to get to the hospital, where my internship is taking place. These overnight oats are perfect AND so delicious! They're so easy to prepare the night before and even easier to just grab from the fridge, throw in your bag and eat while you're on the train or in the bus.

My internship is going to last for two months (december and january) and I'm very exited, although there seems to be some problems with my schedule. I'n going to be staying at the Department of Clinical Biochemistry, where I'll learn a lot about different kind of analyzes and taking blood samples. So watch out!

Serves 2
What do I need?
1 cup quick oats
1 cup juice (I used apple juice)
1 handfull of your favorite seeds and nuts (I used sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, flaxseeds, sesame seeds and hazelnuts)
A few pieces of dried fruit (I used abricot)
1 grated apple
Ground cinnamon and nutmeg to the taste


How do I do?
Mix all the ingredients well and add cinnamon and nutmeg to the taste. Put it in a container with a lid and put it in the fridge until the next morning. If the texture is too wet or dry, you can adjust it by adding more oats or juice. Enjoy with a nice cup of tea and have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!