Wednesday 2 April 2014

Rhubarb crumble



I got to know this recipe during my stay in France. We loved it down there, but I've adjusted it a little bit to make it even more awesome and tasty! Crumble is amazing, because it's like a pie but without too much crust!


Serves 6
What do I need?
250 g rhubarb, sliced
150 g raspberries
3 tbsp sugar

120 g butter, softened
60 g shredded coconut
60 g sugar
100 g flour

Creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream


How do I do?
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius/400 fahreheit.
Mix the rhubarb and raspberries and transfer to an ovenproof dish, sprinkle with sugar. Mix the butter, coconut, sugar and flour in a bowl - it's supposed to end out like a big bowl of crumbs, so do not add water, oil or any other liquid! Spread the crumbs evenly on the fruit and throw it in the oven until it's getting golden - about 20-30 minutes. Serve hot with cold creme fraiche or vanilla ice cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!