Sunday 1 December 2013

Spinach-lentil-soup




I really do love soups! It's the perfect winter-meal and when my internship is over, I'm going to make a monthly event called Sunday Soups - I'm going to invite my friends over for soup on the last sunday of the month. They pay a small amount to join and we'll have a nice evening with a delicious soup. Great idea, huh? I can't wait!

This soup is definitely a good candidate! It's so delicious, easy to make, spicy and cheap at the same time. The lentils provide a lot of protein and the spinach provides a lot of iron and calcium - a great combination for vegetarians and people, who live on a low-meat-diet.

Serves 4
What do I need?
1 big onion, chopped
4 cloves garlic, minced
A splash of oil
1,5 tbsp garam masala (Curry will do just fine too!)
1/2 tsp ground chili
2 tbsp grated, fresh ginger
100 g green lentils
5 cups vegetable broth
1 tsp sugar
300 g fresh spinach, chopped


How do I do?
Fry the onion, garlic, ginger and spices in the oil for a few minutes. Do not let it burn! Add broth, lentils and sugar and let it simmer for about 30-45 minutes, depending on when the lentils are tender. Add the chopped spinach and let it simmer for another couple minutes. Make sure the soup is well heated and add salt to the taste. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!