Wednesday 18 December 2013

Baked hokaido pumpkin


Two days ago (monday december 16) I had my 10 month anniversary as a vegetarian. I can't believe it's almost been a year! It's one of the best decision I've ever made and I feel like my body is thanking me every day. Being a vegetarian has never been easier and there's a loooot of different kinds of substitutes, if you want that - I don't feel the need to have meat-like ingredients in my food. Sometimes I add soy granule to a casserole, but that's pretty much it, then. No matter if you want these substitutes or not, the possibilities are almost endless!

Serves 4 (as a side dish)
What do I need?
1/2 hokaido pumpkin
A splash of oil
1 tbsp herbes de provence or thyme
1/2 cup of almonds
Zest from 1 lemon
125 g feta cheese


How do I do?
Peel the pumpkin, de-seed it and cut it into the kind of pieces you like - squares, triangles or lengthwise. Mix them well with the oil and herbs de provence in an ovenproof dish. Chop the almonds roughly and sprinkle them over the pumpkin. Grate the lemon zest finely and sprinkle it over the pumpkin as well. Throw it in the oven for about half an hour and sprinkle the feta cheese over it. I like to eat it with potatoes and some kind of veggie-steak.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!