Friday 6 December 2013

Vegan brownies


I'm not exactly proud of this picture. It could've been better, but the light was just really bad. With that being said, the brownies were A-mazing. TBH I'm sometimes a bit scared to make vegan cakes, cos it sometimes requires all these fancy ingredient that I do not have - like No-Eggs, an egg-substitute. I want to be able to make a cake out of the ingredients that I already have. And this one is one of those! I actually made it a saturday afternoon, where I was a bit hungover and had the most intense craving for brownies! They were super easy to make and after a couple of hours in the fridge, the texture was even better than when I took 'em out of the oven. Whether you like your brownies warm or cold, that's a personal matter - but I really DO recommend cooling them in the fridge!

~15 pieces
What do I need?
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
3/4 cocoa powder
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 cup water
1 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla extract

How do I do?
Turn on the oven at 175 celcius/350 fahrenheit.

Mix all the ingredients well until theres no clumps and pour it into a buttered or lined ovenproof dish. Throw it in the oven for about 25-30 minutes, until the top is no longer shiny.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!