Friday 3 January 2014

Granola



Granola is some kind of muesli, that's toasted in honey. It has actually become quite popular during the last year or so. You can make your own personal version with whatever kind of seeds, nuts and dried fruit. And maybe, you can even make different version for each day - oh la la! That way, you won't have the same for breakfast every day and you'll keep thinking that it's an exiting and delish breakfast - I know one of my problems is, that I'll just get too tired of it in the long run, if I get the same for breakfast every single morning...
These amounts gave me enough granola for about a week. You could probably make for two weeks, as long as you store it in an airtight container.

What do I need?
4 tbsp honey
1/2 cup almonds
1/2 cup pumpkinseeds
1/2 cup flaxseeds
1/4 cup shredded coconut
1 cup quick oats
1/2 cup dried cranberries


How do I do?
Melt the honey in a frying pan and add all the other ingredients. Let it all get well coated in the honey and pour it out on a piece of baking paper - be careful, the honey gets really hot! Let it cool down until the honey has hardened again. Keep it in an air-tight container and keep it away from direct sunlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!