Saturday 28 December 2013

New Years treats



Well, I guess my holiday has been long enough now and it's time to get back to blogging. These little cakes are called "Kransekage" in danish and they're a traditional treat for New Years Eve, while we're having champagne and waiting the last few minutes for the new year to arrive. It's super easy to make and tastes delicious! Some people make it a little different and shape it as a tower or a cornucopia, but I find it easier to just make it like this - plus, it's easier to transport!

Have a very happy new year and take care of yourselves out there!

~50 pieces
What do I need?
500 g marzipan/marchpane
150 g sugar
100 g eggwhites

Hazelnuts, almonds, walnuts - whatever you'd like to make them look even prettier


How do I do?
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celsius/400 fahrenheit.
Mix sugar and marzipan well. Add the eggwhites little by little, until the texture is smooth and even. Pour it in an icing bag with a pastry tip - the size should depend on the size you want your cakes to be in. I used a star-shaped tip with a diameter around 20 mm.
Squeeze out the "dough" to make small cakes on a baking sheet. Decorate with a little nut and throw them in the oven for about 10 minutes. Keep an eye on them, so they don't get too dark. It's pretty much up to you, how dark you want them to be, but I don't like them too dark.

If you want them to be extra delicious and pretty, you can dip the bottom in melted chocolate and let it cool before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!