Monday 3 February 2014

Stuffed potatoes - and an apology!






So... I've been really absent lately and I am so, SO sorry. As I've mentioned before, I've been really busy with my internship. I've been really stressed out about it and I've been feeling bad both physically and mentally. I've felt really depressed and I've had a hard time coping with my blog - because blogging DOES take a lot of time.

Anyhoo, I'm back on track (sort of) and let's celebrate it with a recipe for Meatless Monday. I made these stuffed potatoes for NYE and the other girls went cray-cray. The potatoes were too delicious and actually a bit too big for us, but they tasted so good, that we ate it all anyway.

It takes a long time to cook the potatoes, so I'm not making them very often (all though I would!). But the great thing about them is, that you can make them just the way you like it. You like green pesto more than the red kind? No problem. You don't like pesto at all? No problem. You can't do without a drizzle of bacon? Guess what - no problem! There's pretty much no limitations!

Serves 4
What do I need?
4 large baking potatoes
200 g red pesto
3 scallions, chopped
A handful of chopped chives
2 handfuls of grated mozzarella
1 clove of garlic, minced


How do I do?
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees celcius/400 degrees fahrenheit.
Cover the potatoes with tin foil, stab each potato a few time with a fork and throw them in the oven for several hours. It might take up to 4 hours to cook them tender, but it depends on your oven. Try to stick a small knife into the potatoes - if there's hardly any resistance, the potatoes are perfectly tender.
Now, cut a large hole on top of each potato and remove the skin from the hole. Scrape out as much of the inside as possible, without making holes in the remaining skin. Mix the insides in a bowl with the remaining ingredients and fill the potatoes with some of the mixed stuffing. The stuffing gets a bit fluffy, so there won't be room enough for it all. Instead, you can make little pancakes out of it.
Throw the stuffed potatoes back in the oven (don't cover them with tin foil) for about 20-30 minutes. Serve with a delicious salad and some fresh bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!