Wednesday 5 February 2014

Peanutbutter Fudge





This year (or last year, I guess) I wanted to make some personal christmas presents. When I was younger and didn't have any money, I made all my present myself and I actually miss that. Those were so simple times and since I'd made it all with so much love, no one cared that it didn't cost a fortune. Those were the days, man, those were the days....

I decided, that since I love being in the kitchen and since I am much more creative in the kitchen, than when it comes to different kinds of DIY-projects. One of the things I made were these delicious, crunchy peanut butter fudge bits. I gave some to a good friend of mine and her sister ended up eating pretty much all of them and she later tried to make them herself. I also gave some to my uncle and aunt and they too were really exited about them. So they are definitely worth a try!

~64 pieces
What do I need?
125 g margarine
200 ml milk (I used soy milk, to make it vegan)
500 g brown sugar
1 tsp of vanilla extract
A jar of crunchy peanut butter (~250 g)
300 g icing sugar


How do I do?
Line a square tin tray with baking paper.
Melt the butter in a pan along with the milk. When melted, add the sugar and vanilla extract and stir well, until dissolved. Turn up the heat and let it bubble for about 2 minuted. Stir in the peanut butter and keep mixing until it's equally combined and smooth. Pour the hot mixture into a gown (one that can handle the hot mass!) and mix well with the icing sugar, until the icing sugar is well incorporated and the fudge is beginning to cool - it'll take about 2-4 minutes, so be patient!
Pour the fudge into the lined tray and allow it to cool completely - the fridge is better than the kitchen counter. When it has cooled down, cut it into small pieces - the colder it is, the easier it is to cut.
Wrap it into a packaging (I used cellophane bags), tie it with a cute ribbon and label it for a friend or family member.
Keep it for a week or so in a sealed container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!