Friday 7 February 2014

Easy, vegan ice cream with banana and peanut butter


Two things, that vegetarians/vegans should always have in their kitchen: peanut butter and bananas. Before I went vegetarian, I didn't really eat peanut butter, unless I had some apple slices to dip in it. But that was a really delicious snack! And the reason why there should always be bananas in your kitchen is... Well, they're just great as a snack and it's the perfect post-workout-meat. Plus they're great in smoothies. Whether it's to give it a banana flavor or just to give the smoothie some texture.

If you peel the bananas and slice them, you can easily throw them in the freezer. I use this trick when there's a discount on large amounts of bananas. Although, these frozen bananas make the smoothie more frozen and this has given me a brain freeze several times...

Anyhoo! If you need a little snack, if you're craving ice cream, this is the perfect recipe. The fact that it's vegan just makes it even more delicious and you don't have to feel bad for eating it. Eat it with your favorite kind of ice cream topping - I like chocolate sauce and shredded coconut. Yummy!

Serves 1
What do I need?
1 tender banana
2 tbsp peanut butter


How do I do?
Peel the banana, slice it and throw it in the freezer for 10 minutes. It doesn't have to be completely frozen, but if it is, your blender needs to be the powerful kind.
Blend the banana slices and peanutbutter and add a bit more peanutbutter if you'd like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!