Monday 17 February 2014

Avocado with spicy quinoa stuffing




These avocados with quiñoa stuffing are just a gift to your body. The black beans are full of protein, the quiñoa is full of essential amino acids and the avocado is one big portion of the good kind of fat.
I think they're meant to be a starter, but I wasn't that hungry the night I made them, so I just ate them as a main course. They still got me pretty full...

Serves 4
What do I need?
1 cup cooked quinoa
1 1/4 cup cooked black beans
1 bell pepper
1 onion (I prefer it to be red)
1 small can of corns (drained)
1/2 cup fresh cilantro
2 tbsk taco spice mix

4 avocados
A bit of creme fraiche (I used vegan yoghurt to make it vegan)


How do I do?
Chop the onion, bell pepper and cilantro roughly and mix it well with qionoa, black beans, and spice mix. Put in it the fridge for an hour or so, to allow the spice mix to really add taste to the mixture.

Cut the avocados in halves, remove the stone and fill 'em with the quinoa stuffing. Add a little creme fraiche to the top and enjoy this healthy little dish. So full of flavor and vitamins - your body is going to love this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!