Friday 14 March 2014

Vegan chocolate mousse







I've heard a lot about using avocados in chocolate mousse, but I always thought it sounded too weird for me. But it's actually a great dessert, since you can serve it to vegans, lactose-intolerants, gluten allergies and pale-people. It's super easy to make and it's perfect for those nights, where you just need SOMETHING and you've already got those bananas and avocados, that are beginning to get a little too ripe...


Serves 2
What do I need?
1 banana, ripe
1 avocado, ripe
10 dates
3-4 tbsp cocoa powder
Juice from 1/2 lime - and some of the zest, if you really like that taste
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 vanilla


How do I do?
Peel the banana and avocado and remove the stone from the dates. Throw all the ingredients in a blender and pulse until you have smooth mousse. Pour it in the bowls or glasses you want to serve it in and put it in the fridge for an hour or so. To make it look even prettier, serve it with some blueberries and pistachio nuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!