Monday 10 March 2014

Spicy lentil soup



Once again, I'm gonna have to make an apology. School is taking up all of my energy ATM and all I can do when I get home, is just collapse in my chair and try to empty my mind. As if that wasn't enough, I'm starting to get sick. I've been coughing a lot during the weekend, but luckily it's getting better. My birthday is in a week, so I just GOTTA get over it by then!

Anyway, I made this soup saturday night and it was just what I needed. I know that when you've already got a cold, there's nothing you can do to get better sooner, but I always tell myself that spicy food is exactly what I need and soup is just so easy to get down - at least for me, since I usually lose my appetite when I'm sick. I may or may not have made a banana-chocolate ice cream for dessert. But that's okay when you're sick.


Serves 4
What do I need?
2 onions, chopped
2 minced garlics
1 tsp curry
1 tsp chili - powder, crushed or fresh
200 g potatoes, peeled and diced
150 g carrots, peeled and diced
250 g green lentils, rinsed
7 cups of vegetable broth
1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
A drizzle of thyme, fresh or dried


How do I do?
Heat up a splash of oil in pan and fry the onions and garlic. Add curry and chili and allow it to absorb the rest of the oil. A spice like curry doesn't really taste of anything unless it get a little burned. Add the potatoes, carrots, lentils, broth and balsamic vinegar. Bring it to the boil and let it simmer with a lid until the vegetables and lentils are tender - it'll take about half an hour. Serve with a drizzle of thyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think!